Beyond the Book
us your ideas!
Adventures of Tom Sawyer
- Author: Mark Twain
- Genre: Fiction
- Do you like an adventure? I'd like you
to meet a kid who is always getting into
grand adventures. If everything is quiet, he
will always find
- something exciting to do. He lives
outdoors as comfortably as in. He can pucker
up and blow a whistle with no fingers, knows
all kinds of facts
- about critters, and can do some pretty
fast tracking if the need arises. His name
is Tom Sawyer.
- Join Tom and Becky Thatcher as they
explore a cave, get seperated from their
friends and become lost. To make it worse,
they get chased by bats
- (one knocks Becky's candle out of her
hand and puts it out) and have to avoid a
dangerous criminal who is also in the cave.
You'll have to read The
- Adventures of Tom Sawyer for yourself to
find out if they are rescued and what it is
they find in the cave.
- Tom Sawyer Home Page
- URL: http://etext.virginia.edu/railton/tomsawye/tomhompg.html
- Lot's of information about the author,
illustrations from the book, and on-line text.
- Tom Sawyer
- URL: http://www.americanliterature.com/BT/BTINDX.HTML
- This site is organized to allow for a chapter a
day of on-line text.
- Tom and the Times of Twain
- URL: http://www.knpacbell.com/wired/fil/pages/webtomsawydr.html
- A WebQuest
- The Adventures of Tom Sawyer by Mark Twain
- URL: http://www.slonet.org/global/education/s/cusd/tomsaw.html
- Grades 6-8 - study questions, vocabulary,
project guidelines, final exam, Tom Sawyer Jeopardy
- A Tom Sawyer Summer
- URL: http://family.go.com/categories/Parenting/Features/family_2000_07/famf/famf0700tomsawyer/famf0700tomsawyer/famf0700tomsawyer.html
- A list of websites that provide Tom Sawyer
inspired fun (learn to whistle, learn to tie all
the knots you'll ever need to know, identifying
tracks, exploring backyard wildlife, etc.).
to Fun with Favorites