Literature-rich learning environments are important in today's schools and libraries. When combined with technology resources, teachers and librarians can build exciting learning experiences for students.Use the following resources to learn more about technology-rich experiences.
Read Technology-Rich Learning: An Overview from Teacher Tap.
Read Literature-Technology Connections from Literature Ladders.
Once you've explored how books and technology can work together, you're ready to build your own Literature Ladders! The following activity will help you create your own great learning materials.
Whether you're looking for activities to supplement a book you're reading in class or seeking materials to enhance a history unit, you can find a wealth of resources on the Internet. This project will explore six steps to great literature-technology connections.
Steps to Great Literature-Technology Connections
- Get Started: Explore Themes and Projects
- Step 1: Select a Book
- Step 2: Search for Author and Illustrator Information
- Step 3: Search for Book Information and Lessons
- Step 4: Identify Topics and Resources
- Step 5: Develop Meaningful Activities and Learning Experiences
- Step 6: Implement and Evaluate