to PIE index
Professional Development and
- It's time to update your teaching
through professional development in the
area of instructional development.
Regardless of whether you've been teaching
for five months, five years, or fifty
years, you can always use some fresh
ideas. Explore new teaching ideas, expand
your lesson plans, incorporate educational
television resources, and visual resources
into your "bag of teaching
- Teacher Resources
- There are many teacher resources including general
sites, subject area resources, and teacher
- Links to Teaching Resources
- Lesson Plans
- If you're looking for something specific. Do a
search for subject area lessons and grade level
lessons. You can find both on and off computer
activities, thematic units, and activity ideas. Look
for general lesson planning sites, State Department of
Education resources, materials from Regional Labs,
Grant Projects, Schools of Teacher Education projects,
and School District sites.
Why reinvent the wheel? Use lesson planning sites.
If you don't find what you need, use a search engine
and try searching for a topic, book title, or software
title + the words lessons, tips and tutorials, student
projects, and./or grade K, 1, 2, 3, 4
how I found this great K-3 unit site: http://www.geocities.com/Athens/Thebes/9893/units.html
- Links to General Lesson Planning Sites
- look for the publisher of your textbook series
- Microsoft Schoolhouse - great lessons with Internet
- birds link
- California SCORE project
- good starting point for lessons, links, and
- teacher-produced websites, create your own!
- Educational & Instructional TV
- Search for your favorite TV show! There are
wonderful educational resources available to go with
dozens of television and video programs.
- Links to TV resources for educators
- Visual Resources
- You can find lots of materials to help visual
learners in your classroom. Use cartoons, drawing,
buttons and arrows, photographs, and other visual
resources. When looking for visuals, use expert
starters, and search engines designed to locate
visuals in speciality areas.
- Links to Visual Starting Points
- general subject list to clip art
- links to many search tools for images
- good for photographs
- good for pictures, audio, videos
- Links to Specialty Sites
- satellite photos
- Think Project
- How much time do students to have to explore?
- Do students need specific or more general
- How will students use the photos?
to PIE index
- Return to
Created by Annette