Back to Elementary
- Spreadsheets provide number crunching
for mathphobs. They give users a chance to
make calculations, try out new ideas, and
visualize the results.
- Explore topics for spreadsheet
- Activity One: Build a Spreadsheet
- Do some online comparison shopping. Explore the
following sites and compare the price of three items.
Make a simple spreadsheet that lists the place, the
item, and the price. An easy place to start is with
the titles of three books, movies, or CDs.
- Activity Two: Compare weather in two
- Use a weather site and compare the high and low
temperatures in two places. What's the difference?
What's the average?
- Activity Three: Use Online Calculators
- Create a short activity using an online
- Activity Four: Create a Spreadsheet
- Use a spreadsheet as a calculator to estimate.
- How many books in the library?
- How many seats in the auditorium?
- How bricks on the building?
- How many "keyboard keys" in the computer
Developed by Annette
Lamb, 7/99. Updated