Professionals: Joyce Kasman Valenza
Since 1998, Joyce Valenza has been the teacher-librarian at Springfield Township High School in Erdenheim, PA. She received her Ph.D. (2007) at the University of North Texas’s School of Library and Information Science.
Joyce is a prolific education and technology writer. For ten years, she was the techlife@school columnist for the Philadelphia Inquirer and has also authored columns for Media And Methods and Electronic Learning. She has written articles for journals such as Information Today, Classroom Connect, Learning and Leading with Technology, Educational Leadership, and Knowledge Quest. Joyce has also written several books and book chapters including Power Tools (1998), Power Research Tools (2003) and Power Tools Revisited (2004).
Fall semester 2013 will be Joyce's last at Springfield Township High School; she is leaving to join the faculty at Rutgers University School of Communication and Information.
Other Resources created / developed by Joyce Valenza:
- Springfield Township High School Virtual Library http://springfieldlibrary.wikispaces.com/
- Library Guides http://sdst.libguides.com/profile.php?uid=34288
- NeverEndingSearch - Joyce's Blog at School Library Journal
- Archives for Joyce Valenza at School Library Journal http://www.slj.com/author/joycevalenza/
- TeacherLibrarianNetwork http://teacherlibrarian.ning.com
- TeacheLlibrarian wiki http://teacherlibrarianwiki.pbwiki.com/
- Springfield Township High School Library Annual Report - June 2013 http://issuu.com/joycevalenza/docs/annualreport13/1?e=1864865/3337469
- Curricular Lessons and Units http://springfieldlessons.wikispaces.com/
Valenza, Joyce (Sept-Oct 2012). Curation. School Library Monthly; 29(1).
Valenza, Joyce (Sept. 2009). 14 Ways K–12 Librarians Can Teach Social Media. Tech & Learning.
Valenza, Joyce. Web 2.0 Meets Information Fluency: Evaluating Blog. 21st Century Information Fluency.
Article About Joyce Valenza:
Firth, Shannon (June 2010). Educators that Rock!: Joyce Valenza. Finding Dulcinea.
Here's a promotional video clip that Joyce and students created:
You can listen to a presentation podcast:
Web 2.0: What It Is, How to Evaluate . . .
You can view her videos at YouTube http://www.youtube.com/user/joycekasmanvalenza/videos
You can also follow Joyce Valenza on Twitter https://twitter.com/joycevalenza